The Quarterly Journal of Public Policy Studies pursues an editorial policy based on the principles which have been stipulated by the COPE Committee on Publication Ethics ("Guidelines on Good Publication Practice").
Editorial Policy Rules
1. The editorial policy of the Quarterly Journal remains independent of any commercial influence.
2. It is based on the ethical assumptions which cover an entire publishing process.
3. The ultimate goal of the Editorial Board is to provide the readers and the general public with an intellectual product of the highest quality and merit in terms of knowledge related to the discussed issues.
4. The procedure of approving articles for publication adopted by the Editorial Board is transparent and understandable for potential authors.
5. The essential guidelines for the authors interested in the publication of an article in the Quarterly Journal are available on the website.
6. The articles which are accepted for further stages of the publishing procedure are consistent with the profile of the journal, and they have a potential value for the recipients of the journal due to their strong foundation related to objectified knowledge, diversified and valuable sources as well as references to the current state of advancement of a given scientific field.
7. Attention is paid to the observance of appropriate rules by the authors regarding the credibility of the sources they cite, the use of quotations, and borrowings.
8. The Editorial Board applies an appropriate policy against potential threats such as plagiarisms and other kinds of abuse.
9. The author makes a statement declaring that the article submitted for publication is an original and independent work, and it does not infringe or violate the rights of third parties. The quotations, borrowings, tables, and comments are supplied with appropriate footnotes. The phenomena such as "ghostwriting" or "guest authorship" are eliminated.
10. The Editorial Board makes sure that the articles are prepared and developed at an appropriate level in terms of the clarity and readability of the message.
11. The articles are provided with abstracts, keywords, and translations.
12. Any conflicts of interest between members of the Editorial Board, authors, and reviewers are eliminated.
13. The Editorial Board ensures the confidentiality and security of the personal data of the authors and all entities collaborating with the Quarterly Journal.
1. The reviewing principles and procedures are clearly defined in a separate place on the website.
2. The Editorial Board approves the articles for publication after considering their compliance with the profile of the Quarterly Journal as well as the requirements contained in the Information for the Authors.
3. The Editorial Board accepts only original articles, i.e., those which were not submitted or published in any scientific publication.
4. The author of the paper is obliged to sign an appropriate statement declaring the originality of the work.
5. The Editorial Board submits the text presented by the author to a preliminary evaluation in order to decide whether it is compliant with the profile of the Quarterly Journal as well as the requirements contained in the Information for the Authors.
6. External review is carried out by two reviewers in a "double-blind review process" system, i.e., after removing the information related to the author's identity. A review form is used.
7. The list of reviewers is published.
8. The review is presented to the author (he does not know the identities of the reviewers). The author is obliged to respond to the comments provided.
1. The members of the Editorial Collegium [Editorial Committee] are members of academic staff specialising in different fields of public policy as a knowledge discipline.
2. Members of the Editorial Board observe high ethical and intellectual standards. They are free from any commercial influence or motivation.
3. The editors become acquainted with the articles which are sent, and they are making decisions based on their best knowledge, being guided by impartiality, objectivity, and the willingness to contribute to the publication of high-quality materials.
4. They accept articles that meet the most important professional criteria, including innovative and original theses, extensive, and reliable sources.
5. The Editorial Board looks for the best authors and reviewers; they adapt the articles to meet the needs of the readership, they respond to the recipients' needs and expectations with regard to the specific academic issues.
6. The Editorial Board includes critical comments concerning published articles. They initiate discussions concerning the presented articles.
7. In the case of any errors contained in the article, appropriate corrections and explanations are presented.
8. The Editorial Board protects personal data.