Collegium of World Economy
SGH Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
The World Economy Research Institute’s 14th Annual Conference
Fostering Innovation and Competitiveness:
Towards Smart Manufacturing and Services in Europe
Warsaw, June 25th and 26th, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak in Europe and in Poland,
the conference has been postponed
to October 15th and 16th, 2020
The World Economy Research Institute (WERI) together with the Department of European Integration and Law at the SGH Warsaw School of Economics are pleased to announce the 14th Annual Conference on Innovation and Competitiveness. The conference will also be an occasion to celebrate the 70th birthday of the Collegium`s distinguished Professor Elżbieta Kawecka-Wyrzykowska.
In contemporary economy, we observe the growing importance of service sector, with the simultaneous expansion of service functions in industry and agriculture. In many respects, the traditional boundaries between services and manufacturing are becoming less clear. On the one hand, there is the industrialisation of services and, on the other hand, an increasing emphasis on the service component in manufacturing activities, which is often linked to the development of new technologies. The above observations indicate the growing importance of the service sector for socio-economic development. Therefore, the following question arises: how may smart manufacturing and services contribute to a competitive advantage in contemporary world economy? The World Economy Research Institute’s 14th Annual Conference on competitiveness will seek to answer this question.
We invite papers related to the following topics:
· theoretical and practical aspects of international competitiveness in particular with focus on service sector, especially knowledge intensive business services;
· competitive position of selected economies, taking into account the development of service sector;
· economic policy, in particular in the area of service sector development.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts electronically (up to 250 words in MS Word or PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions should contain: the title, name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s), address(es), telephone number(s) and e-mail address(es).
Templates can be downloaded here:
Call for papers in pdf file is available here: 2020 conference CFP_draft 1703.pdf
Papers may be submitted by the authors to International Journal of Management and Economics. They will be published in this journal if accepted accordingly to double-blind review procedure.
The deadline for abstract submissions is May 11, September 10, 2020.
Notifications on acceptance will be sent to the authors by May 28, September 18, 2020.
Participants presenting a paper during the conference are asked to submit their full papers by June 15, October 5, 2020.
Registration deadline: June 15, October 11, 2020.
The conference is free of charge.
- Pofessor Marzenna Anna Weresa, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Associate Professor Arkadiusz Michał Kowalski, PhD, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Associate Professor Adam Ambroziak, PhD, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Pofessor Adam Budnikowski, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Associate Professor Krzysztof Falkowski, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Associate Professor Andżelika Kuźnar, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Professor Jerzy Menkes, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Associate Professor Mariusz Radło, PhD, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Associate Professor Alina Szypulewska-Porczyńska, PhD, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Anna Maria Dzienis, PhD, SGH Warsaw School of Economics (Chair)
- Marzenna Błaszczuk-Zawiła, PhD, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Łukasz Dąbrowski, PhD, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Agnieszka McCaleb, PhD, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Artur Tomeczek, PhD, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
Anna Maria Dzienis, PhD
WERI, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
Al. Niepodległości 162, 02-554 Warsaw, Poland
tel. +48 22 5649370, email: email@example.com