The Department of European Integration and Legal Studies together with the World Economy Research Institute (WERI) at the SGH Warsaw School of Economics are pleased to announce the 14th Annual Conference on Innovation and Competitiveness. The conference will also be an occasion to celebrate the 70th birthday of the Collegium`s distinguished Professor Elżbieta Kawecka-Wyrzykowska www.kawecka.eu.
Conferences and seminars of the former Jean Monnet Chair of European Integration:
24 June 2015: a nationwide conference on “The future of the EU Internal Market
". The discussion on this subject was inspired by the draft Internal Market Strategy for goods and services, which was issued by the European Commission. Post-conference document: Ambroziak AA (2015) The future of the European Union's Internal Market";, Warsaw School of Economics (more at: http://www.adamambroziak.eu/text/2015_AAAmbroziak_The_Future_of_the_EU_Internal_Market.pdf
13 June 2014: Seminar for Ph.D. Candidates “Visegrad Group countries 10 years after accession to the EU"; organized by the Ph.D.
students at the Collegium of World Economy at the Warsaw School of Economics.
12 June 2014: an international scientific conference “Creating Greater Synergies Among the EU Countries: A New Perspective for Visegrad Countries"; was held. The conference was co-organized by two research units the Jean Monnet Chair of European Integration and the Institute of World Economy.
21 and 22 November 2013: three scientific units of the Warsaw School of Economics - Jean Monnet Chair of European Integration, the Institute of International Economics and the Centre for East Asia Research organized an international conference on “China trade and economic relations in the post-crisis era”. The conference took place at the Warsaw School of Economics.
The Jean Monnet Chair for European Integration organised a series of annual scientific conferences on “Poland’s integration with the European Union"; The conferences, organised between 1995 and 2009 (until 1998 within the framework of the Institute for International Economic Relations), were attended by representatives of faculties and institutes from various academic centres in Poland, in particular by Jean Monnet Chairholders, as well as representatives of the state administration dealing with the issues of European integration. One of the results of the conference is a series of books containing texts of lectures and submitted papers.
Topics of organized conferences:
- 2009 - Five Years of the EU Eastward Enlargement. Effects on Visegrad Countries: Lessons for the Future
- 2008 - Budget for the European Union after 2013. Implications for Poland
- 2007 - The European Union in the global economy - new conditions
- 2006 - The European Union - Challenges for the near future
- 2004 - Poland - European Union
- 2003 - European Union funds and economic development of Poland
- 2002 - Budgetary and financial consequences of Poland's membership in the EU
- 2001 - Conditions and possible consequences of EU membership for Polish agriculture sector
- 2000 - Importance of pre-accession and assistance funds for Poland's economic development
- 1999 - Restructuring of Polish industry and Poland’s accession negotiations
- 1998 - Economic effects of Poland's association with the European Union
- 1997 - The state of Poland's preparations for membership of the European Union
- 1996 - Polish trade policy and membership in the European Union
- 1995 - From Association to Poland's membership in the European Union