The R&D profile of the Collegium is defined by the following fieldshe R&D profile of the Collegium is defined by the following fields
- COMPETITIVENESS AND INNOVATIVENESS OF THE ENTEPRISE AND CITY AS ANALOGY TO THE ENTERPRISE (global environment, factor of enterprise location, investment; technologies; IT, knowledge; intellectual capital, entrepreneurship, family enterprise, network enterprise, logistics and supply chains, market institutions, economic legal analysis);
DEMOGRAPHY OF ENTERPRISES (establishment; functioning, risk and uncertainty, early warning against bankruptcy, restructuring, relocation, enterprise life cycle, bankruptcy);
ENTERPRISE VALUE (value theories, enterprise goals, creation, value sources, capital, interested parties, relationships with investors, business social responsibility, measurement of enterprise value).
The R&D work performed in the Collegium include the identification of fields, factors and mechanisms that may within the next upcoming years allow Polish entrepreneurs to join the group of modern, dynamically growing, competitive and knowledge-based enterprises.
Additionally, a lot of research is aimed at identifying possible sources of success of enterprises as well as possible causes of their failure, including crisis determinants. Theoretical concepts of the completed research are subject to empirical verification. The research results are in the form of the warning forecast allowing i.a. to assess the uncertainty phenomena and new risks.
The majority of the research results constitute grounds for recommending certain practices, therefore they have application value.
The detailed research areas include, among other things, the following:
- Definition of development directions of the customer value management as well as performance of the research on the creation of enterprise value by outsourcing technological services using cloud computing.
- Efficiency of bankruptcy and rectification processes in Poland.
- Development of research on the regional investment attractiveness as the source of business competitive advantage in terms of sectors. (In 2011, the research on family entrepreneurship was conducted, especially with respect to the sources of competition and development obstacles preventing growth of family companies in the peripheral areas).
- Establishment of new enterprises and transformation of traditional ones into network enterprises due to dynamic changes in the modern economy.
- Application of the concept of extended enterprise in human resources management. This is a new approach - so far usually treated separately - which combines two basic areas of impact of the human factor on the development of entrepreneurship: internal determinants of entrepreneurs (psychological predispositions/skills in broad context) and determinants of organisational environment.
- Development of research methods concerning the assessment of effects of the processes implemented in Poland with respect to the redevelopment of cities as well as investment potential and evaluation of investment attractiveness in terms of sectors, using econometric methods.
The results of research conducted in the Collegium of Business Administration are made available in the form of publications released in three publishing series of the Collegium: "Przedsiębiorczość XXI wieku" (Entrepreneurship in 21st century), "Przedsiębiorstwo współczesne" (Modern entrepreneurship) and "Studia i Analizy Instytutu Przedsiębiorstwa" (Studies and Analyses of the Enterprise Institute) as well as in such quarterlies such as Kwartalnik Nauk o Przedsiębiorstwie and "Edukacja Ekonomistów i Menedżerów" (Education of Economists and Managers).